Jones & Bartlett Learning 2017 Nurse's Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference. Updated annually, it provides accurate and timely facts on hundreds of drugs from A-Z. Written in a no-nonsense style that speaks your language in terms you use every day, it offers concise and consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically.
The 2017 Nurse's Drug Handbook includes:
* Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names
* Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category, and controlled substance schedule
* Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
* Incompatibilities and contraindications
* Interactions with drugs, food, and activities
* Adverse reactions
* Nursing considerations, including key teaching points for patients
* Mechanism-of-action illustrations
* Warnings and precautions
New drug entries include alirocumab, brexpiprazole, cangrelor, cariprazine, edoxaban, eluxadoline, evolocumab, flibanserin, idarucizumab, ivabradine, and mepolizumab. Updates to the appendices include parenteral insulin preparations, selected ophthalmic drugs, selected topical drugs, selected antivirals, selected antineoplastic drugs, and interferons.
|Publisher:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 16.30(h) x 2.20(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter Advisors, Reviewers, and Clinical Consultants Chapter Foreword Chapter Overview of Pharmacology Chapter Principles of Drug Administration Chapter Drug Therapy and the Nursing Process Chapter Individual Drugs (Listed Alphabetically) Chapter Appendices Chapter Insulin Preparations Chapter Selected Ophthalmic Drugs Chapter Antihistimines Chapter Selected Topical Drugs Chapter Selected Antivirals Chapter Selected Antineoplastic Drugs Chapter Selected Antihypertensive Combinations Chapter Vitamins Chapter Interferons Chapter Compatible Drugs in a Syringe Chapter Drug Formulas and Calculations Chapter Weights and Equivalents Chapter Equianalgesic Doses for Opioid Agonists Chapter Abbreviations