Archaeologies of Social Life is a fascinating new perspective on everyday life in ancient Egypt.
About the Author
Lynn Meskell is Assistant Professor in the department of Anthropology at Columbia University. She was previously a research fellow at New College, Oxford. Her publications include Archaeology Under Fire: Nationalism, Politics and Heritage in the eastern Mediterranean and Middle East (1998) and a forthcoming volume with Dominic Montserrat, Private Life in New Kingdom Egypt.
Table of Contents
List of Figures.
1. Individuals, Selves and Bodies.
2. Feminisms, Gender Trouble and Sexuality.
3. Body and Soul in the Archaeology of Egypt.
4. Mapping Age, Sex and Class at Deir el Medina.
5. Accessing Individuals at Deir el Medina.