Completely revised new editions of the market-leading Biology textbooks for HL and SL, written for the new 2014 Science IB Diploma curriculum. Now with an accompanying four-year student access to an enhanced eText, containing simulations, animations, worked solutions, videos and much more. The enhanced eText is also available to buy separately and works on desktops and tablets.
Follows the organizational structure of the new Biology guide, with a focus on the Essential Ideas, Understanding, Applications & Skills for complete syllabus-matching.
Written by the highly experienced IB author team of Alan Damon, Randy McGonegal, Patricia Tosto and William Ward, you can be confident that you and your students have all the resources you will need for the new Biology curriculum.
- Nature of Science and ToK boxes throughout the text ensure an embedding of these core considerations and promote concept-based learning.
- Applications of the subject through everyday examples are described in utilization boxes, as well as brief descriptions of related industries, to help highlight the relevance and context of what is being learned.
- Differentiation is offered in the Challenge Yourself exercises and activities, along with guidance and support for laboratory work on the page and online.
- Exam-style assessment opportunities are provided from real past papers, along with hints for success in the exams, and guidance on how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Clear links are made to the Learner profile and the IB core values.
Register your interest in the new Biology textbook here and we will send you an online sample of the ENTIRE student textbook in June.
Table of Contents:
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Evolution and Biodiversity
- Human Physiology
- Nucleic Acids
- Metabolism, Cell Respiration and Photosynthesis
- Plant Biology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Animal Physiology
- Option A: Neurobiology and Behaviour
- Option B: Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Option C: Ecology and Conservation
- Option D: Human Physiology
- ToK Chapter
- Maths and IT Skills Chapter