- Sonata for violin & piano No. 1 in G major ("Regen"), Op. 78
- Sonata for Violin & Piano No. 2 in A major ("Thun"), Op. 100
- Sonata for Violin & Piano No. 3 in D minor, Op. 108
- Scherzo for violin & piano in C minor (third movement of "F-A-E Sonata"), WoO posth. 2
- Sonata for Clarinet (or viola) & Piano No. 1 in F minor, Op. 120/1
- Sonata for Clarinet (or viola) & Piano No. 2 in E flat major, Op. 120/2
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Brahms: The Violin and Viola Sonatas based on 0 ratings. 2 reviews.
It's PERLMAN...not PERLEMAN. :o) And Zukerman is a magnificant player, on both the violin and viola. I highly recommend!
In spite of very impressive musicians, this recording is abrasive. The rather aggressive playing of Barenboim (On these 2 particular discs only) isn't appropriate to the music. The violin might sound a little harsh as well. I much prefer Barenboim and Perleman or Perleman and Ashkenazi (Sony and EMI) for better performances. Regretfully, those two discs only have the three violin and piano sonatas, while this disc has more, but I'd look around before acquiring this one.