View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download). WithDaily Language Review,students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. How it works Daily Language Reviewfollows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills. On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- two sentence-editing exercises
- two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Formal and informal uses of English
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Daily Language Review, Grade 2 based on 0 ratings. 2 reviews.
This book is a terrific way to review skills that you have taught as well as lay a foundation for skills that you have not yet covered. You will see your students' language arts skills soar!
I use this book in my classroom for students with learning disabilities. They can work in the 2nd grade book with out feeling like they're in a 'baby' book. I put the sentences on the board and we make the corrections together. After doing this for 7 months, I feel that my students better understand punctuation and grammar and the reasons behind it. The students enjoy the activities and look forward to doing them each day.