View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download). WithDaily Language Review,students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. How it works Daily Language Reviewfollows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills. On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- two sentence-editing exercises
- two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Spelling and spelling patterns
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Daily Language Review, Grade 3 based on 0 ratings. 3 reviews.
I used this 3rd grade level book for my second grade class and it was a part of our morning exercises. Students would come into the classroom, unpack and get started on the work on the board while I took attendance and lunch count. (I would write the 3-4 sentences on the white board and have the students correct it in a journal) It was an easy 10 minute morning pick me up for them and it allowed me to get my morning work done too!
I love this workbook for my daughter. We get the "DLR" as we like to call it each year to practice and tune up her punctuation and grammar skills. She doesn't mind it because they are quick and easy and she can self correct in the back of the book!