Essentials: Environmental Systems and Societies (ESS) (Student Book and eText), for the IB exam (Pearson Baccalaureate) / Edition 1 available in Paperback
This comprehensive 2nd Edition textbook and eText covers all eight topics from the 2015 ESS course, along with advice on Internal Assessment, the Extended Essay, and links to Theory of Knowledge. It will help students to prepare thoroughly and methodically for their examinations.
- Written by experienced IB teachers and examiners, Andrew Davis and Garrett Nagle.
- Detailed diagrams and photographs help to explain key concepts.
- Practice questions from past examination papers help you with exam preparation.
- Clear links to Theory of Knowledge throughout.
- ATL skills are addressed in Challenge Yourself boxes and the online worksheets.
- Significant ideas, big questions, and key concepts are signposted throughout.
- Provides guidance on Internal Assessment and the Extended Essay.
- Written to give an international and transdisciplinary perspective.
See also the ESS Essentials textbook and eText designed to be used alongside the core textbook as a condensed guide to ESS with targeted language for EAL students. Read more about Essentials here.
Get ready for the 2015 IB Diploma ESS syllabus guide - Andrew Davis, co-author of Pearson Baccalaureate Environmental Systems and Societies 2nd Edition, outlines the key changes to the new syllabus guide and how the new book has been specifically written to match it. Read article...