As distinguished from autonomous maintenance, where the main goal is to restore basic conditions of cleanliness, lubrication, and proper fastening to prevent accelerated deterioration, FEI looks at specific losses or design weaknesses that everyone previously thought they just had to live with. Once your TPM operator teams are progressing with their daily autonomous maintenance activities, you will want to take the next advanced step in TPM training with this book.
- a simple and powerful introduction to P-M Analysis
- hints for unraveling breakdown analysis
- numerous ideas for simplifying and shortening setups
- ideas for eliminating minor stoppages and speed losses
- basic concepts of building quality into processing
- real-life examples from a leading Japanese tool company
Educate and empower all your workers to support your TPM improvement activities with Productivity's Shopfloor Series. Designed for on-the-floor study groups, the TPM Shopfloor curriculum will graduate operator teams from learning TPM basics to studying advanced improvement techniques.
Table of Contents
- Thinking Systematically
- Learning from Breakdowns
- Accepting the Challenge of One-Step Defect-Free Changeover
- Dealing with Minor Stoppages
- Dealing with Speed Loss
- Using Equipment to Build in Quality