A bread machine makes it easier to prepare loaves from scratch, ensuring that the ingredients are gluten-free and first quality.
The bestselling gluten-free author team of Donna Washburn and Heather Butt provides this all-new bread machine book, which focuses on whole grain breads and doughs. Many who are intolerant to the gluten found in wheat, rye, barley and oats don't realize that a wide variety of whole grain gluten-free flours is available. These flours include quinoa, teff, rice, buckwheat, millet and cornmeal, and they are used in these creative and delicious recipes. The results are outstanding and the wheat or other flour typically used will never be missed.
Flavor and nutrition are the keys in all the recipes. Responding to extensive feedback from celiacs and the general public, there's also an egg-free chapter, as well as many nut-free and rice-free recipes. Since ease of baking is so important, there's a whole chapter devoted to nutritious mixes that can be prepared ahead of time. All are well organized for easy use and identification.
The recipes include desserts:
- Artisan Breads: Asiago Herb Pan Rolls, Bacon Cheddar Mini Loaves, Sourdough Teff Loaf
- Egg Free (EF): EF Banana Raisin Bread, EF Honey Walnut Bread, EF Rich Dinner Rolls
- Hearty Whole Grains: Black Quinoa Bread, Buttermilk Buckwheat Bread, Wild Rice Loaf
- Quick 'n' Easy Mixes: The Six Loaf Nut-Free Creamy Bread Mix is the starter to Nut-Free Dinner Rolls, Nut-Free Rosemary Bread Sticks and Nut-Free Orange Chocolate Chip Loaf
- Seeds, Nuts & Fruits: Apricot Almond Loaf, Poppy Thyme Loaf, Seedy Sandwich Loaf
- The Classics: Cornbread, Hot Cross Buns, Mock Rye Loaf, French Baguette, Challah
- Wraps, Flatbread & Filled Breads: Teff Pizza, Black Olive Goat Cheese Ciabatta, Panini Sandwich Loaf
The authors include a wealth of helpful hints and techniques for baking the perfect gluten-free loaf. The "Gluten-Free Bread Machine Pantry" provides information on all the ingredients needed to make that perfect loaf of healthy bread, for both the 1.5-lb and 2-lb machines.
|Publisher:||Rose, Robert Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Donna Washburn, P.H.Ec and Heather Butt, P.H.Ec are both professional home economists with honors food science degrees, are acknowledged experts in the field of gluten-free recipe development and bread machine baking. They have written many cookbooks, including 300 Best Bread Machine Recipes, 250 Gluten-Free Favorites, The Gluten-Free Baking Book and Complete Gluten-Free Cookbook.
Table of Contents
Speaking Our Language: Are We All on the Same Page? 13
Using Your Bread Machine for Gluten-Free Baking 14
Tips for Successful Gluten-Free Bread Machine Baking 18
Using an Instant-Read Thermometer 20
Understanding Whole Grains 21
Other Gluten-Free Baking Ingredients 29
The Classics 35
Artisan Breads 59
Hearty Whole Grains 91
Seed, Nut and Fruit Breads 129
Quick 'n' Easy Mixes 183
Egg-Free Breads 219
Flatbreads, Filled Breads, Pizzas and Snacks 265
Equipment Glossary 298
Ingredient Glossary 300
Technique Glossary 306
About the Nutritional Analysis 310