"An exuberant introduction to a musician and creative genius." –Kirkus Reviews
A beautifully-illustrated true story of rock and roll legend Les Paul: This is the story of how Les Paul created the world's first solid-body electric guitar, countless other inventions that changed modern music, and one truly epic career in rock and roll. How to make a microphone? A broomstick, a cinderblock, a telephone, a radio. How to make an electric guitar? A record player's arm, a speaker, some tape. How to make a legendary inventor? A few tools, a lot of curiosity, and an endless faith in what is possible, this unforgettable biography will resonate with inventive readers young and old.
- Perfect for young readers and rock and roll enthusiasts alike.
- Unforgettable biography that will resonate with inventive readers young and old.
- Featuring richly detailed, dynamic illustrations by Brett Helquist, the New York Times bestselling illustrator of many books, including the Lemony Snicket books, A Series of Unfortunate Events.
This inspiring true story of rock and roll legend Les Paul teaches lessons of perseverance, overcoming obstacles, and following your dreams.
- Perfect read aloud book for family story time
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Great book for STEM programs
- Children's books for grades K-3
About the Author
Kim Tomsic lives in Boulder, Colorado. This is her first picture book.
Brett Helquist is the New York Times bestselling illustrator of many books, including the Lemony Snicket books, A Series of Unfortunate Events. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This biography of Les Paul is so special to me. Not only is it wonderfully written and full of detail, making it a great reread time and time again but it touches a special place in my heart. I am the queen of reuse. I was so inspired to learn how Les Paul reused items from coat hangers to broomsticks to transform the music industry. If the child in your life (or you for that matter) learn best by tinkering they will definitely see themselves in this story.