Comedian Richard Belzer promises that he can turn anyone into a stand-up comic. Yes, even you. This hilarious and irreverent (sometimes very irreverent) book is perfect for every wannabe comedian - and for everyone else who's hooked on stand-up comedy. It offers valuable nuggets of advice on:
- How to prepare a routine
- How to apologize to Frank Sinatra when you've made fun of him onstage
- How to handle hecklers
- Where to find the clubs across the country (no kidding, there are addresses and phone numbers inside)
- What jokes not to tell to an audience full of mobsters
- How to dress "in characters"
- And everything else you need to know about comedy and being a comedian!