Many riders want to try jumping, but are intimidated. This guide helps riders of every age safely learn to jump by presenting a natural approach with progressive, step-by-step exercises, full explanations, and lots of photos and diagrams. It covers everything from preparing a green horse for the first jump to riding a challenging course in a show ring. It includes guidelines for every discipline and every breed of horse, plus information on the demands of different competitive events.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.52(w) x 9.34(h) x 0.88(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
1. A Horse's Talent for Jumping.
2. Finding a Talented Horse.
3. Getting Started: Readiness and Equipment.
4. Balance Basics: Center of Gravity.
5. Preparing for the Jump.
6. Understanding Strides, Distances, and Grids.
7. Beyond the Grid: Riding Single Fences and Courses.
8. Starting the Green Horse over Jumps.
9. Jumping with a Rider.
10. Specializing: Finding the Right Fit.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews