- The first all-inclusive text on the pitfalls, complications and controversies surrounding the use of lasers in dermatology and aesthetic medicine
- Each chapter starts off by highlighting the key points and essential concepts, followed by a review of the associated pearls and problems
- Provides the reader with tips on how to improve the safe and effective use of lasers
- Images focus on the pearls and problems
Laser Dermatology: Pearls and Problems is different from other laser dermatology books. Each of the five chapters begins by highlighting key points and essential concepts, then focuses on the pearls and problems for each area – based on the author’s vast experience in the field of laser dermatology. Dr. Goldberg addresses:
- Vascular Lasers
- Laser Hair Removal
- Pigmented Lesions, Tattoos, and Disorders of Hypopigmentation
- Ablative Lasers and Devices
- Non-Ablative Photorejuvenation and Skin Remodeling
Dr. Goldberg goes beyond the standard “before and after” approach to use actual images to demonstrate the pearls and pitfalls discussed in the text.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||7 MB|
About the Author
The Skin Laser&Surgery Specialists of New York&New Jersey, directed by Dr. Goldberg, have been the site of exciting pioneering FDA research on laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation. Dr. Goldberg has been instrumental in bringing this technology to the public. He is a Clinical Professor, and Director of Laser Research and Mohs Surgery, in the Department of Dermatology at NYC's Mount Sinai school of Medicine. He is also a co-Vice-President of the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Dr. Goldberg is also very active in professional societies. He has served as President for the American Society for Laser Medicine&Surgery, and is currently the chairman of the Ethics Committee of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is on the Board of Directors of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
He was the very first recipient of the prestigious Leon Goldman award. This award is named after the founding father of laser surgery.
Table of ContentsForeword.
1 Vascular Lasers.
2 Laser Hair Removal.
3 Pigmented Lesions, Tattoos, and Disorders of Hypopigmentation.
4 Ablative Lasers and Devices.
5 Non-Ablative Photorejuvenation and Skin Remodeling.
What People are Saying About This
“This is on my ‘must buy’ list … .You’ll want to read it from beginning to end. It reveals what most laser books won’t tell you.“ Doody's Book Reviews