Lecture Notes on Emergency Medicine(Lecture Notes Series) / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
This core text covers all aspects of accident and emergency medicine. It concentrates on the essentials with "immediate action" first and then subsequent treatments. Crafted by two outstanding physicians, it has been written for students and trainees in accident and emergency medicine. Additionally, it will be invaluable as an information and instruction source for the lay person, as well as primary-care doctors and nurses, who need to know how to diagnose and manage the early stages of acute medical problems such as asthma or a broken bone.
About the Author
This is a sample blurb
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
1. The principles of emergency medicine.
2. Major trauma and multiple injuries.
3. Head injuries.
4. The neck and the back.
5. Facial injuries.
6. Injuries to the trunk.
7. The lower limb.
8. The upper limb.
9. The hand.
11. Cardiac arrest and cardiac dysrhythmias.
12. Chest pain.
13. Respiratory distress.
14. Collapse and sudden illness.
16. Abdominal pain.
17. Obstetric, gynaecological, genitourinary and perineal problems.
18. Children's problems in the emergency department.
19. The disturbed patient.
20. Medicolegal aspects of emergency medicine.
21. Small wounds and localised infections.
22. Ophthalmic, ENT and facial conditions.