Historically, how to define and standardize the green building is a long term challenge until the advent of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEEDTM) Green Building Rating System, which is on the minds of many people in the building industry these days, and employers are looking to bolster their green credentials any way possible, including having employees that are LEED accredited.
This 7- hour quick book provides relevant and insightful information on LEED Green Building Rating System. This course will benefit anyone preparing for LEED Professional Accreditation Exam and the experienced building industry practitioners perusing LEED projects in professional service.
Architects, realtors, building owners, facility managers, environmentalists, consulting engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, construction managers, energy auditors, lenders and educators and others perusing LEED AP certification will benefit from this course.
The book includes a multiple-choice quiz consisting of seventy (70) questions at the end to enhance the understanding of course contents.
The course focuses on LEED Rating System Knowledge and covers:
• LEED Project Eligibility, Registration & Certification Process;
• LEED Credit Interpretation Ruling & Appeal Process;
• LEED Prerequisites, Credit Points and Rating Scale;
• LEED Sustainable Sites - Construction Activity Pollution Prevention;
• LEED Sustainable Sites - Site Selection, Development Density, Community Connectivity and Brownfield Redevelopment;
• LEED Sustainable Sites - Alternative Transportation;
• LEED Sustainable Sites - Site Development and Stormwater Design;
• LEED Sustainable Sites - Heat Island Effect and Light Pollution Reduction;
• LEED Water Efficient Landscaping;
• LEED Innovative Wastewater Technologies;
• LEED Water Use Reduction;
• LEED Energy Performance;
• LEED Refrigerant Management;
• LEED Measurement and Verification;
• LEED Green Power;
• LEED Material & Resources Storage and Collection of Recyclables;
• LEED Material & Resources Reuse and Renewable Materials;
• LEED IAQ Performance;
• LEED Environment Tobacco Smoke Control;
• LEED Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring and Increased Ventilation;
• LEED Low Emitting Materials;
• LEED Thermal Comfort and Daylighting;
• LEED Innovation in Design;
• LEED Accredited Professional.