An authoritative exploration of logistics management within the engineering design and development process, this book concentrates on the design, sustaining maintenance and support of systems. Deals with "logistics" from a total systems/life cycle perspective and includes those activities associated with the determination of requirements, the design, development, production, utilization, sustaining maintenance and support, and retirement of systems. Emphasizes the importance of addressing logistics in the early phases of the system life cycle, including: design engineering aspects and design of systems for supportability.
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Logistics.
2. Measures of Logistics.
3. System Engineering Process.
4. Supportability Analysis (SA).
5. Logistics in the Design and Development Phase.
6. Logistics in the Production/Construction Phase.
7. Logistics in the Utilization and Support Phase.
8. Logistics in the System Retirement, Material Recyling, and Disposal Phase.
9. Logistics Management.
Appendix A. System Design Review Checklist.
Appendix B. Supplier Evaluation Checklist.
Appendix C. Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA).
Appendix D. Analytical Models/Tools.
Appendix E. Life-Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA).
Appendix F. Selected Interest Tables.
Appendix G. Normal Distribution Tables.
Appendix H. Selected Bibliography.