Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Romania & Bulgaria is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Absorb the vibrant landscape by hiking the Carpathians, relax on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast, or experience the kaleidoscope of colours in the Bucovina Monasteries; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Romania and Bulgaria and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Romania & Bulgaria Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including folk culture, myths, history, visual arts, crafts, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Over 70 local maps
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Outdoor Activities
- Coverage of Sofia, Bucharest, Wallachia, the Black Sea Coast, Moldavia, Transylvania, Maramures, Crisana, Banat, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, the Danube, Kazanlak, Sibiu, the Danube Delta, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Romania & Bulgaria, our most comprehensive guide to Romania and Bulgaria, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I would like to have a copy of this book from Lonely Planet
This book is huge and navigating it page by page can be difficult. The file hangs up far too often. When you can peruse the content as you like, the content is excellent. This book is far better than the one we tried on Hawaii.