Professional Management of Housekeeping Operations / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Management of a housekeeping operation entails scheduling staff, deliveries, services and maintenance, budget analysis, cost-controls and compliance with regulations. A well-run housekeeping department is integral to the success of any lodging operation.
This revision of a well-regarded introductory textbook includes expanded coverage of leadership and training issues, providing a number of case studies, and presenting additional reference material through a support website confirming its usefulness as a management text.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.68(w) x 11.26(h) x 1.29(d)|
About the Author
THOMAS J. A. JONES is an associate professor in the Hotel Management Department of the William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE HOUSEKEEPING PROFESSION AND THE PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT.
1. The Executive Housekeeper and Scientific Management.
PART TWO: PLANNING, ORGANIZING, AND STAFFING THE NEW ORGANIZATION.
2. Conceptual Planning.
3. Planning to Schedule Workers: A Major Advantage of Housekeeper Team Staffing.
4. Material Planning: Administration of Equipment and Supplies.
5. Material Planning: Floors, Walls, and Windows.
6. Material Planning: Supplies and Equipment.
7. Material Planning: Bedding, Linens, and Uniforms.
8. Staffing for Housekeeping Operations.
9. Operational Planning.
PART THREE: DIRECTING AND CONTROLLING ONGOING HOUSEKEEPING OPERATIONS.
10 The Hotel Housekeeping Daily Routine of Department Management.
11. Hotel Housekeeping Subroutines.
PART FOUR: SPECIAL TOPICS: SWIMMING POOL OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT, HOUSEKEEPING IN OTHER VENUES, SAFEGUARDING OF ASSETS, IN-HOUSE LAUNDRIES, AND THE FULL CIRCLE OF MANAGEMENT.
12. Swimming Pool Operations and Management.
13. Housekeeping in Other Venues.
14. The Safeguarding of Assets: Concerns for Safety and Security in Housekeeping Operations.
15. The Laundry: Toward an Understanding of Basic Engineering and Operational Considerations.
16. The Full Circle of Management.
Appendix A: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Appendix B: Job Descriptions.
Appendix C: Hotel Employee Handbook.
Appendix D: Bally’s Casino Resort Housekeeping Department Rules and Regulations.
Appendix E: Ozone in the Laundry.
Appendix F: What If (Publication).
Appendix G: Excerpts from InterContinental Hotels Group Loss Prevention Manual.
Appendix H: The Personal Plan.
Appendix I: Microfiber Technology.
Appendix J: Pro-Team Articles.
Appendix K: National Trade Publications Articles.