Side by Side 1 Activity Workbook 1 / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education ESL
The Side by Side Activity Workbooks offer a variety of exercises for reinforcement, fully coordinated with the student texts. A special feature of the Activity Workbooks is the inclusion of GrammarRaps for practice with rhythm, stress, and intonation and GrammarSongs from the Side by Side TV videos. Periodic check-up tests are also included in the workbooks. Side by Side Plus is a standards-based and grammar-based English language program for adult and young-adult learners, The program builds students’ general language proficiency and prepares them for their life-skill roles in the community, family, school, and at work.
Table of Contents1. Review: Describing Past, Present and Future Actions. Birthday and Gifts. Telling about Friendships. Small Talk in the Hall. Grammar: Like to. Review of Tenses. Time Expressions. Indirect Object Pronouns.
2. Food. Buying Food. Describing Food Preferences. Being a Guest at Mealtime. Cafeteria Food. Grammar: Count/Non-Count Nouns.
3. Buying Food. Describing Food. Eating in a Restaurant. Recipes. Computers: They Keyboard. Grammar: Partitives. Count/Non-Count Nouns. Imperatives.
4. Telling about the Future. Probability. Possibility. Warnings. Seasons. Writing a Note. Computers: The Mouse and the Trackball. Grammar: Future Tense. Time Expressions. Might.
5. Making Comparisons. Advice. Parents and Children. Comparing Life in Difference Places. Expressing Opinions. Expressing Agreement and Disagreement. Computers/Ergonomics. Grammar: Comparatives. Should. Possessive Pronouns.
6. Describing Character Traits. Shopping in a Department Store. Describing Products. Telling about Your Country: People, Places and Popular Culture. Discussing Opinions. Surveys and Bar Graphs. Grammar: Superlatives.
7. Getting Around Town. Public Transportation. Following Written Directions to a Place. Drawing a Map and Writing Directions. Making Recommendations. Computers: The Macintosh Desktop. Grammar: Directions.
8. Describing People's Actions. Performance on the Job and in School. Describing Plans and Intentions. Consequences of Actions. Superstitions. Understanding Feedback. Grammar: Adverbs. Comparatives of Adverbs. AgentNouns. If-Clauses.
9. Describing Ongoing Past Activities. Reporting a Crime. Expressing Regret. Telling about an Accident. Mishaps. Conflict Resolution. Grammar: Past Continuous Tense. Reflexive Pronouns. While-Clauses.
10. Expressing Past and Future Ability. Expressing Past and Future Obligation. Making Excuses. Repair Services. Telling about Frustrations and Disappointments. Giving Explanations and Making Excuses. Grammar: Could. Be Able to. Too + Adjectives.
11. Health. Nutrition. Following Instructions. Medical Examinations. Medical Advice. Grammar: Must. Must vs. Should. Count/Non-Count Nouns. Past Tense Review.
12. Describing Future Activities. Making Plans by Telephone. Expressing Time and Duration. Holidays. Stages of Life. Planning Course Selection with the Guidance Counselor. Grammar: Future Continuous Tense. Time Expressions.
13. Offering Help. Indicating Ownership. Problems with Neighbors. Problems with Household Appliances. Securing Repair Services. Car Problems. Helping Friends. Offering and Asking or Help at School. Grammar: Some/Any. Pronoun Review. Verb Tense Review
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I am using Side by Side Volume I with my high school students who just arrived here from Poland. I see progress already. It's sequential and meaningful and very understandable.The students seem enthusiastic and happy.
This is an excellent resource for ESL teachers.