Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
MASTER SPACE PLANNINGFOR BETTER DESIGNS AND A MORE VIBRANT PRACTICE
Impress clients and expand your expertise with this one-of-a-kind instructional manual and professional toolkit. Space Planning for Commercial and Residential Interiors can help you perform brilliantly on virtually any interior space-planning project. The only professional-level resource available in this field, this reference supplies all the guidance and tools you need to deliver expert results with ease.
GET THE BEST FROM ANY INTERIOR SPACE:
An essential underpinning for every subsequent decision in interior design, effective space planning sets the stage for successful interiorsinteriors that work functionally and please aesthetically. Within these pages, you'll discover how to:
* Allocate space effectively in venues from home offices to airport lounges, retail stores, and hospitals
* Apply tools such as square-foot analyses and bubble and block diagrams, as well as 350 illustrations, including prototype plans and clear details, for optimum design results
* Gather and employ information on human factors
* Handle building-code issues
* Approach technical issues regarding building systems, including building necessities such as utilities, communications, and technical and mechanical fixtures
* Organize a project easily through use of dozens of handy checklists and guidelines
* Score high on space-planning portions of the NCIDQ and NCARB exams
* Score high on space-planning portions of the NCIDQ or NCARB exams.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.48(d)|
About the Author
Sam Kubba is the principal partner of Kubba Design, a firm noted for its work in architectural and interior design, and project management. Dr. Kubba has extensive experience in all types and all aspects of architectural and interior design and construction, including hospitality, corporate facilities, retail, renovations, restaurants, and high-rise commercial structures. A member of the American Institute of Architects, the American Society of Interior Designers, and the Royal Institute of British Architects, he has lectured widely on architecture, archeology, interior design, furniture, and art. Kubba Design has its headquarters in Herndon, Virginia.
Table of Contents
About the Author