- Stabat mater, for soprano, alto, strings & organ in F major
- Questo è il piano, cantata for alto, strings & continuo
- Li prodigi della divina grazia nella conversione di S Gugliemo Duca d'Aquitania, sacred drama in 3 acts: Sinfonia. Allegro
- Li prodigi della divina grazia nella conversione di S Gugliemo Duca d'Aquitania, sacred drama in 3 acts: Sinfonia. Andante
- Li prodigi della divina grazia nella conversione di S Gugliemo Duca d'Aquitania, sacred drama in 3 acts: Sinfonia. [Allegro assai e spiritoso]
- Orfeo ("Nel chiuso centro"), chamber cantata for soprano, strings & continuo, Op. 2/4
In the Stabat Mater Netrebko’s lusciously dark soprano and mezzo Maria Pizzolato’s beautifully schooled tones are a heavenly complement to the other. On this Pergolesi tribute, Anna does not record the standard addition, the Salve Regina, but has chosen the secular cantata for soprano “Nel chiuso centro”: The second cantata “Questo è il piano, questo è il rio”, is also a secular cantata for alto and strings. Both cantatas add a special touch to this album where Pergolesi’s sacred music features alongside some of his secular (more operatic) compositions.
The Prestige Edition features a bonus DVD including “Behind the Scenes” material as well as music clips from the recording along with an expanded booklet. From the Label
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
It would have been nice to have had a bio of the mezzo in this recording also, Marianna Pizzalato. She has sung Rossini roles all over Europe, especially at the Pesaro Rossini Festival. She has also sung Pergolesi, Vivaldi, etc. Wonderful, rich voice and fabulous technique. Perhaps even more suited to Pergolesi than Miss Netrebko.