Standard Level Chemistry 2Nd Edition Book + Ebook / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education ESL
Completely revised new editions of the market-leading Chemistry textbooks for HL and SL, written for the new 2014 Science IB Diploma curriculum. Now with an accompanying four-year student access to an enhanced eText, containing simulations, animations, quizzes, worked solutions, videos and much more. The enhanced eText is also available to buy separately and works on desktops and tablets - click here to watch a video to learn more.
Follows the organizational structure of the new Chemistry guide, with a focus on the Essential Ideas, Understanding, Applications & Skills for complete syllabus-matching.
Written by the highly experienced IB author team of Catrin Brown and Mike Ford, with additional e-features by Richard Thornley and David Moore, you can be confident that you and your students have all the resources you will need for the new Chemistry curriculum.
- Nature of Science and ToK boxes throughout the text ensure an embedding of these core considerations and promote concept-based learning.
- Applications of the subject through everyday examples are described in utilization boxes, as well as brief descriptions of related industries, to help highlight the relevance and context of what is being learned.
- Differentiation is offered in the Challenge Yourself exercises and activities, along with guidance and support for laboratory work on the page and online.
- Exam-style assessment opportunities are provided from real past papers, along with hints for success in the exams, and guidance on how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Clear links are made to the Learner profile and the IB core values.