Tarzan: The Biography traces his history in prose, film, comic strips, comic books, radio, stage, television, video games and merchandise. It contains exclusive interviews with Burroughs family and associates, and with actors, directors, writers and artists who have brought the character to the public.
Originally published as Ape-Man, this improved publication has been fully updated and augmented by over 100 images.
This is the definitive word on the Lord of the Jungle.
• Danton Burroughs, grandson of Edgar Rice Burroughs
• Gerry Conway and Roy Thomas, Tarzan comics writers
• Gary Goddard, co-screenwriter of Tarzan the Ape Man (Bo Derek version)
• Hugh Hudson, director of Greystoke
• Joe Kubert, Tarzan comics artist
• Christopher Lambert, star of Greystoke
• Denny Miller, Tarzan actor
• Michael Moorcock, author and Tarzan expert
• R A Salvatore, Tarzan author
• David Yates, director of The Legend of Tarzan
"...excellent book ... Egan writes ... with a winning mixture of affection, cattiness and awe-inspiring erudition" - Starburst