From basic Mexican flavors and ingredients (hot chili peppers) to regional cuisine (Mayan Potatoes with Spicy Beef), The Everything® Mexican Cookbook offers a diverse set of recipes perfect for both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
Featuring delicious recipes for:
- Unique salsas such as Pineapple, Mango, Cucumber Salsa Bean favorites, such as Refried Beans
- Spicy breads such as Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Traditional favorites, such as Chili con Queso
- Tempting desserts, such as Mexican Wedding Cake
Whether you want to prepare a feast for one or plan a fiesta for friends, The Everything® Mexican Cookbook will have you shouting "Olé!" in no time!
Read an Excerpt
Chile Con Queso
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
5 fresh green chile peppers
2 fresh jalapeno peppers
2 medium tomatoes
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
8 ounces Colby cheese
1 cup sour cream
1. Remove skin from onions and garlic. Chop into ¼-inch pieces.
2. Remove stems and seeds from peppers and chop into ¼-inch pieces
3. Chop tomatoes into ¼-inch pieces
4. Grate cheeses
5. Heat oil at medium temperature in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic. Saute until tender but not brown. Add chili peppers, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Cook for three minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Turn heat to medium low. Add cheeses to pan and cook, stirring constantly until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream.
This is the perfect dip for tortilla chips. It also makes an excellent sauce to pour over enchiladas.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
Stews and Moles
Beef and Pork
Appendix A: Glossary of Ingredients
Appendix B: Sample menus