The Way of Rest gathers nearly 200 of Jeff Foster’s most inspiring essays, poems, and reflections on restoring and reviving ourselves when we feel exhausted or defeated. Drawing from his personal journeyincluding his own struggles with illness and depressionJeff invites us to contemplate "the Way of Rest" and its potential to transform our experience of:
• Imperfectionhow we are "gloriously flawed" yet complete exactly as we are
• Not knowinghow we come to trust in the greater intelligence of life
• Melancholy and lonelinesshow we learn to release the healing energies of "exquisite sensitivity"
• Ordinary momentsrecognizing and receiving "the closest thing of all"
• Discomfort and discontenthow our frustrations become an opening to deep peace
• Loverediscovering who we are beyond our carefully constructed facades
• Silencediscovering the vibrancy of living by letting go of thoughts and concepts
"I hope the words in this book inspire, challenge, and encourage you. But most of all, I hope they help you remember that you are life, inseparable from the power that grows the flowers and gives birth to galaxies," writes Jeff Foster. The Way of Rest brings you his companionship and support whenever you need it most.
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||5.30(w) x 7.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Jeff Foster shares from his own awakened experience a way out of seeking fulfillment in the future and into the acceptance of "all this, here and now." He studied astrophysics at Cambridge University. Following a period of depression and physical illness, he embarked on an intensive spiritual search that came to an end with the discovery that life itself was what he had always been seeking.