Today there are many different chiropractic techniques in use, all of which have their own creative, productive analysis and care plan. For a layperson to be able to choose a chiropractor and to know more about what he can offer, this book is a must reading assignment.
It is the first concise, referenced, easy-to-read, easy-to-understand book written to inform laypersons. It gives a thorough coverage of chiropractic’s past, present, and expected future in the United States, as well as worldwide.
It tells the personal story that motivated and lighted the desire of the author to embark on a five-year search and come up with this excellent presentation. It covers one of the most critical times in the history of chiropractic, through the years of the American Medical Association boycott and the organized campaign against chiropractic. It answers many questions for the layperson seeking chiropractic help. It takes you through some of the well-known techniques, as explained by authorities and experts in the field, and establishes a foundation for a nationwide referral service to help the patient find a practitioner of his chosen technique wherever he goes. It is a well-thought-out book that contains many chiropractic topics of current interest and relevance. It is a “chiropractic bouquet” picked by an enthusiastic author.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.97(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
I. The Uphill Battle
1. My Personal Story
2. The Science of Chiropractic
3. Taking Control: The Choice is Yours
II. The Sound and the Fury
4. The Organied Opposition
5. Support from the Medical Community
III. The Science and the Hope
6. The Body's Electrical System
7. The Unsupected Trauma of Birth
8. Accidents, Sports Injuries, and Common Structural Disorders
9. Response of the Immune and Circulatory Systems
10. Lingering Organic Impairment
11. Physical Causes of Mental and Emotional Dysfunction
12. Is Surgery Really Necessary
13. Insurance Coverage
14. Drug-Induced Illnesses
15. What ABout the X-Rays?
IV. Chiropractic Practioners
16. Profesional Training
17. Chiropractic Techniques
18. The Role of Nutrition
19. The Correct Use of Exercise
20. A Nationaide Referral Service