Science Experiment Kit
- Learn the basics of structural engineering by conducting a series of 20 model-building experiments that demonstrates basic principles of mechanical physics or structural engineering in a hands-on way.
- Explore how structural elements such as columns, beams, trusses, plates, arches, shells, and catenary can be attached to maximize strength.
- Investigate the forces acting on structural components including tension, compression, shear, and bending.
- Experiment with 5 different types of bridge construction including a truss bridge, arch bridge, cantilever bridge, rope bridge, and suspension bridge.
- Erect models of towering skyscrapers and see how tall you can build using just the pieces included in the kit.
- Discover how structural engineers optimize factors to maximize safety, and minimize cost and the risk of structural failure
- A 36-page, full-color manual provides step-by-step illustrated instructions and scientific explanations.
- Compatible with other kits in the Thames amp; Kosmos Construction, Physics, Remote-Control, and Robotics series.
|Manufacturer:||Thames & Kosmos|
|Age Range:||8 - 14 Years|