Transcultural Children's Literature / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education
Distinguishes transcultural children's literature as a definitive complement to the field of children's literature. Organizes transcultural children's literature books according to specific countries within nine geographic regions around the world. Emphasizes the importance of taking a young reader's culture and country into account when reviewing books. Provides pre-and in-service teachers with complete book references including: citations, cultural paradigm charts, detailed book summaries, critiques of illustrations and classroom applications. Pre- and in-service teachers.
|Product dimensions:||7.49(w) x 9.13(h) x 0.75(d)|
Table of Contents1. The Changing World of Children's Literature in a Changing World.
2. Children's Books About Africa.
3. Children's Books About Asia.
4. Children's Books About Canada.
5. Children's Books About the Caribbean.
6. Children's Books About Central America, Mexico, and South America.
7. Children's Books About Eastern Europe.
8. Children's Books About Western Europe.
9. Children's Books About the Middle East.
10. Children's Books About the Pacific, Australia, and Antarctica.
11. Transcultural Children's Literature in the Changing Classroom.
Appendix A: Topical Children's Book Index.
Appendix B: Video, CD-ROM, Audiobook, and Internet Resources.
Appendix C: Publishers' Address List.
Appendix D: Activities for Pre-Service and In-Service Educators.