"[This] charming book provides examples and sends the message that citizens aren't born but are made by actions taken to help others and the world they live in." — The Washington Post
This is a book about what citizenship—good citizenship—means to you, and to us all: Across the course of several seemingly unrelated but ultimately connected actions by different children, we watch how kids turn a lonely island into a community—and watch a journey from what the world should be to what the world could be.
- What Can a Citizen Do? is the latest collaboration from the acclaimed behind the bestselling Her Right Foot: Dave Eggers and Shawn Harris.
- For today's youngest readers about what it means to be a citizen and the positive role they can play in society.
- Includes beautiful illustrations and intriguing, rhyming text.
What Can a Citizen Do is an empowering and timeless read with an important message for all ages.
- Great family read-aloud book
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Picture books for grades K-3
|Publisher:||Chronicle Books LLC|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.10(h) x 0.50(d)|
|Age Range:||5 - 8 Years|
About the Author
Dave Eggers is the author of many books, including Heroes of the Frontier, The Circle, and A Hologram for the King. He is the cofounder of: Voice of Witness, an oral-history series focused on human rights; 826 National, a network of writing and tutoring centers; and ScholarMatch, which connects donors and under-resourced students to make college possible. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Shawn Harris is an artist and musician who lives and works in Morongo Valley, California.